Monday, June 27, 2011

On our way

The last few weeks have been quiet on the house front.  Not quiet on the life front with year end school activities and trying to finish up Grapevine Projects.  I will have some fun pictures to show you of those projects soon!

I have been mostly working on lighting - Im a bit obssesed.  Through it all Ive found some very interesting things.  Some of which I have already shared.  Ive secured a new account with Robert Abbey lighting who offers amazing lighting from the famed designer Jonathan Adler.  Ive also been purchasing from Roost, a company who offers amazing accessories and lighting; most of which use filament bulbs - a trend we continue to see more of.They also have the most adorable animal head made of felt.  My husband can hardly bear me hanging an animal on the wall that he hasn't shot!  He'll have to deal with it - 'cause I love them, and there was no blood involved!

Now for flooring.  I'm thinking of going light.  I can't believe it either.  Its not like the honey oak or light maple of days gone by.  This is what I am thinking:  Although you can't see it well, the small piece left of centre is the one I am favoring.  It is white oak with a natural finish and a slight bit of white rubbed into the grain.  It is lightly wire brushed which removes the softest grains and creates a less "flat" finish which tends to hide more imperfections.  The hickory in the centre is beautiful, but I think it may be too busy and could come off as rustic.  Hickory is a very hard wood if you are looking for something to stand the test of time.  Baseball bats are made from hickory.

This is a picutre of the flooring that I am favoring in a room:  Let me know your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Wow- the photo looks completely different from the sample (must be the lighting!) but I LOVE it! I guess you're next pet will be hypoallergenic or white furred:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a messege: