Thursday, October 3, 2013

Vancouver's Interior Design Show

Every year in mid September Vancouver hosts an interior design show at the Vancouver Trade and Convention Centre.  This year didn't disappoint.  My absolute favorite thing at the show was this table-scape by Kelly Deck.  So incredibly beautiful!  The backdrop was like a sheet of gold that had been cross stitched.  The striking black shades highlighted a simple yet elegant table.  The booth was part of "Dinner by Design".  A dinner event that raised money for the Dr Peters Aids Foundation.  Each table was put together by a different designer or company.  But Kelly Deck and her team... what can I say!  Ive never seen anything like it!!!


Last year Kelly Deck Design was belle of the ball as well with the most stunning kitchen I have ever seen:

More pictures from "Dinner by Design"




 I also especially loved the  table scape pictured below by Sophie Burke Design.  It made me feel like I was at a dinner party in Stockholm - my fav city in the world!!  (of the ones Ive seen :)


This table was also lovely.  A little impractical I would think.  But so pretty to look at!  by Robert Blaney Design



I had to throw this picture in!  It made me smile :)

I thought that Van Gogh Designs outdid themselves this year as well.  They had a very pretty booth displaying their furniture in a number of different rooms.





Then the tiles... oh the tiles!  How I love tiles.  Almost as much as light fixtures... but not quite!  Ha!  This gorgeous wooden tile would be divine as an accent wall!


More tile:





I also got some great new contacts for art.  Here is a custom contoured panel.  Would look so lovely as a wall behind a reception desk!  The talented people at "Raincoast Contoured Panels" create these pieces for a variety of applications.  You are only limited by your imagination!



Ive always admired these bright floor cushion/sofa thingys by Roche Bobois.   Feel like they should be in a bohemian sunken living room.  Would be great in a rec room too!


Love the new take on the Bocci - type lighting!

And last but not least I had to show you the new stone available by Canadian Stone.  This is a sheet of stone... believe it or not.  Much less expensive to install.  And it looks so real!  I'm decorating the home of the owners of Canadian Stone.  It was fun to meet up with my client at the show.  I wanted to show you their latest product.



I had a visit from a leading photographer a couple of weeks ago.  She took a few shots of my home as well as the project I just completed.  Looking forward to sharing some of those soon!
Have a lovely fall weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a messege: