Sunday, August 20, 2017

To Use Cement Tile, Or Not Use Cement Tile


There are many reasons why I would use cement tiles. It's ability to make a statement being at the top of the list.  I am debating whether or not to use it in an upcoming project.  


There are endless patterns available from plain, to bold to something in the middle.  Its not usually a budget friendly option, but websites like Joss and Main are catching on, providing some more reasonably priced options. 

There are no shortage of pictures on instagram and pinterest.  My favourite suppliers are Cement Tile Shop and Villa Lagoon Tile.   Monika Hibbs laundry room is just dreamy..




There is no denying its popularity at the moment. Every picture I see, I am instantly in love!



Designers like Emily Henderson are using cement tiles in unexpected places, like her deck pictured above. I love the bold statement this makes!



Photo - Tessa Neustadt  
Design - Amber Interiors

So what is the dilemma, you may ask?  How long is this trend going to last?  If I spend the money to use the cement tile, will it go out of style?  Its not like a light fixture than can be replaced.  Or is piece of furniture.  Tile is a commitment.  But oh so pretty!



Source - Design Shop Interiors



Isn't this bathroom dreamy?
Source - Barry Calhoun - Style at Home


Joanna Gaines of Fixer Upper added the gorgeous WOW factor with this stunning cement tile, which I love!  But I wonder how long I would love it for??





What are your thoughts on cement tile? Would you consider using it? I'd love to hear your opinion!

*** Im having some technical difficulties (big surprise).  In order to leave a comment, click on VIEW ORIGINAL POST.  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a messege: