Friday, July 23, 2010

The Big Reveal!

I am so very proud of this project.   Its a cottage on Keats Island.   Designing a cottage on a island presents some logistical difficulties and delays, but I am here to say, "It is done... almost!"  The room below is very close...  just missing 1 lamp behind the chair.  I was tied into using navys and a warm colour scheme because of the pieces that had to stay.  But I was so pleased to find the stores beginning to over flow with red and navy accessories - it was good timing.  I got much inspiration from Pottery Barn's spring/summer catalogues.  I knew I was on the right track.  The new sofa, love and chair and a half were from Stylus.  We had an antique bookshelf and side table sprayed, a bench that will serve as a toy box re-stained and the ottoman reupholstered in a remnant fabric from the local fabric store.  The pillows are a collection of pre-existing, IKEA, Restoration Hardware and custom made.  The girls got what they wished for in the new kitchen (check back for that reveal), so the boys got their ridiculously large tv and sound system for their sports.  I guess it is their holiday too!  The TV stand was from Homesense.  I searched high and low for the perfect area rug and ended up with one from Costco!  It is the softest rug I have ever felt, and a great price too!  The old "odd" windows were replaced with more contemporary square ones along the top of the wall.  They offer light on that side of the room without compromising the privacy.  The carpet was replaced with very realistic wood looking vinyl plank flooring that will not be damaged by sun, salt or sand!  I hope you like it!

new keats FR

 

BEFORE07 Aug 2009_2556

A few of my favorite elements:  fun pillows, a red lantern and a great collection of sea glass.Collages

6 comments:

  1. Great job Lisa! I just wish I could have seen it in person this summer - but will for sure next year. Everything looks so cosy and beautiful. I knew it would look great if you were involved...and I was right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa - I like what you've done with the cottage...I will watch for the photos of the "new" kitchen! (Ruth was telling me a little about those changes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice lift Lisa!!! I heard about the remodel and I can't wait to see it in person some day!! By next summer for sure! It looks like you had a lot of fun...love the color scheme too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,
    It looks like the material on the "old sofa" looks like the material we have on the sofa at the boat .... You probaly need to redorate our boat.
    Love
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know...I kind of like the original couches better. ;) No, really, it looks great Lisa. I love navy and red together, and I especially love the print on the navy pillow closest to the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the boys...July 23, 2010 at 4:18 PM

    The TV is not ridiculously large. it is modest and quite fitting for a cottage... unlike the square footage of counter space and cupboards in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a messege: