Saturday, July 30, 2016

Vanity Overload

Building a home?  Renovating?  The house I am renovating right now has 6 bathrooms.  All with a unique purpose.

Where do you begin designing all the cabinetry for your home?  Or each person in your home?  Most people just have the cabinet company draw your standard cabinet for each bathroom that basically just matches the kitchen.  I like to do a high-low approach.  Customizing the cabinets that really matter to the homeowner and the purposes of each room.

In my laundry room I chose IKEA cabinets with custom floating shelves.

pic: Janis Nicolay for Canadian Living

IKEA has many good options for the look of the home I am currently working on.  Like this one for the bathroom off the garage.


With IKEA you can also do some customizing and end up with a gorgeous look like this one



The look of the home I am working on is light, bright, modern with a European flair.  The Master bathroom will be custom and this is our inspiration:



This is the inspiration for another one of the bathrooms.


For this one I will get a quote from the cabinet company, but it may be advantageous to purchase a stocked piece like this one from Wayfair and have the cabinet sprayed blue.  Stocked cabients often come with the countertop and sink, making them more affordable.

In my daughter's bathroom I used this well priced cabinet from Costco.  I has been amazing.  I would definitely suggest it to future clients.


Of course some of my favorite vanities come from Restoration Hardware.  Once in awhile you can even snag the perfect one at the outlet store!



Don't limit yourself to one style of cabinetry throughout your home.  The options are limitless, so it helps to have a designer to narrow your options to the best ones to suit your needs.

Have a wonderful long weekend!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a messege: