Saturday, July 16, 2016

When I threw a shower for one of my nieces this spring, I decided to make something spring-ish.  Not sure you can describe a cake with that word.  But strawberry lemonade cake seems very spring-ish.  So I went to my favourite baking cookbook Butter Baked Goods by Rosie Daykin.  And her newest addition Butter Celebrates.  AND you get the added bonus of beautiful photography by my friend and photographer Janis Nicolay!
I created this delicious cake from 2 recipes.


 Triple Lemon Layer cake!  You may just need to purchase the book to read the recipe!  
*TIP:  Dont let the lemon syrup cool too much and put it on the cake while it is still warm.  YUMMM

The for the the good stuff  Strawberry Butter Cream.  Be still my beating heart!

And there she is... my beautiful niece, who made the most beautiful bride.

And the cake.  A little less beautiful, but oh so delicious!

These big layered cakes are not nearly as much work or as intimidating as I originally thought.  And the people you serve them to feel special.  Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a messege: