Wednesday, October 11, 2017

One Room Challenge Fall 2017 Week 2 - Games Room

Week two and things are being set in motion!  Ive met with the contractor from Fourt Construction, who is going to coordinate the project.  For such a small project, why would I need help coordinating... you may ask?    Well, I need someone to put the kitchen together, tear the fireplace apart, re-drywall; someone to put up shelves and coordinate trades - 'cause Im dying over here getting caught up!  What trades could we possibly need??  We need a gas fitter to move the fireplace, plumber to plumb the sink and faucet in the bar kitchen, an electrician to move some things around for the TV, a tiler, a painter, audio/video guys and a drapery installer.  Throw in having the furniture delivered, the shelves installed and the barn door hung.  GAH!  Even small projects are not for the faint of heart!




Here is my inspiration board.  I have decided on the Retreat Sofa from Van Gogh Designs.  ORDERED (check).  I really like the Master chairs from Structube to sit around the table.  ORDERED (check)... feeling good.

The rest of it I am not sure about yet.  I missed out on winning the most gorgeous elephant picture at the New Life Gala event ( check out our Facebook page here).  But Im hoping my friends in Kibaale will pull through for me and I'll be able to get one. (its good to have connections :).


I did purchase gorgeous fur bean bag chairs from Restoration Hardware.  They arrived in the most massive boxes.  My kids wanted to live right in the centre of each of them and survive on Netflix and popcorn.  However after a day of these activities the entire basement was covered in fur!  They shed so badly.  I was able to return them to RH without a problem!


IKEA has a lovely new black door style - Kungsbacka.  Its made out of recycled materials, and looks great!  Win/Win!


My son wants rustic brick for the kitchen backspash.  Im thinking maybe cement tiles (insert dreamy face here).  I wrote about my struggle with cement tiles in a blogpost awhile back.  Read about it here and tell me what you think!

Would this tile not looks gorgeous???

Here is the sketch (don't judge) of my mantle .  Im really excited to see it come to life!  Except for the massive TV sitting above it.  Im not excited to see that come to life.  My family is though (sigh).



Things are happening.  Can't wait to share more next week!  Dont forget to browse through all the amazing room transformations here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a messege: