Wednesday, October 18, 2017

One Room Challenge Fall 2017 Week 3 - Games Room



On to week three and things are starting to happen!  Sadly, this is not my room, but don't you just love it?
Source unknown

The fireplace is being transformed by Fourt Construction...















Next up the mantle!  Could be the best part of the basement reno!  Can't wait to share next week!

Ive let go of the dream of a round table (sigh).  I have my mom's kitchen table sitting in my garage.  It was my Grandma's too.  It is not in perfect shape, but it is just a reminder of the hundreds of family dinners we have eaten at this table.  And lets be honest... there will be more proof of use once my kids are done with it!!

I decided to go with these shelves because I liked how they coordinated with my table, and I love the modern lines.  The kids are already playing games down here!



I am on the hunt for the perfect light fixture.  We put a fixture above the ping pong table because it was suppose to be a pool table.  So naturally I can't have anything breakable.  Its only a matter of time before someone breaks the bulb anyway.  I think a rattan pendant would be perfect.  Can someone please explain to me why on earth rattan pendants are so blessed expensive!  Its a basket people! Thank goodness for IKEA's Sinnerlig pendant.  You can find it here


Unfortunately I need something more semi-flush.   We wouldn't want to obstruct my families view of the TV (sigh).  So my hunt continues.  I do have a little trick up my sleeve.  Ill keep it to myself for now in case it is a massive fail!

Im not using the Sinnerlig pendant, but I did buy the Stockholm armchairs from IKEA.   They are without cushions right now because I can't decide between the white or grey.  White would be crazy impractical, but oh so pretty.  


While on the subject of IKEA, I must tell you a little piece of advice.  I thought I would save some time and order my IKEA items online.  There is a $20 fee to pick up in store.  SOLD!  My husband thought $20 was well worth not being dragged around the store.  However... you only have 2 days to pick up the items you have purchased online!  Imagine my frustration when I get there a few days later to find that everything has been put back and my visa credited (minus the $20 pick up fee of course!) . I have since repurchased everything online and I can tell you there was no mention that everything would be returned if I didn't pick up in 48 hours.  GRRR....

I recently came across this picture and was convinced to do black brick tile... in a hexagon pattern!  I found the perfect tile at my favourite tile supplier Olympia tile.  See it here



Ive been busy collecting cushions.  You are going to love what I found!!  Check in next week when I show you some of the pretties Im gathering, which will hopefully include some gorgeous baskets like these! 


My to do list....  See you next week!

Make sure you check out all the other blogger's room transformations here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a messege: