Friday, August 19, 2016


Its no secret that Keats Island is my happy place.  I thought I would share some of our favourite spots a mile across the water in Gibsons.  Gibsons is fast becoming a popular summer destination.  You may remember Gibsons as the setting for the TV show Beachcombers.  Molly’s Reach is a permanent fixture at the entrance to the dock.  



Date night is always at Smitty’s.  A trendy oyster bar on the boardwalk in Gibsons.  You’ll always find their patio table plum full of people enjoying the yummy fare and salt air.


Often the kids will join us for dessert at Mike’s Place.  Not the fanciest place in town, but with arguably the world’s best Gelato. 


And for a take out lunch, you have to try the Smoke on the Water at the end of the pier.


Tuna wrap...  my mouth is watering


Deep fried oreos.  Yes, they are delicious!



A few really cute shops have popped up in recent years.  One of them being Swish.  I think they cater to a mature woman with really good taste.  Their inventory and merchandising are amazing.  They even have free parking!  Husband parking! 



I was most impressed with their selection of sunglasses!  Hmmm...  Which one do I choose?


Whimsy is another adorable shop that I never miss paying a visit to.




The new store in town is Flourish Boutique.  And I love it!






You’ll find some antique shopping around town too!

Right now they have a lovely exhibition called White Noise by Jill Pilon


We are very excited about the new development that is starting to be built.  A hotel, residences and a massive wellness center!  YES!  Plus 3 new restaurants.  


Next time you are looking for a summer vacay... consider Gibsons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a messege: