Wednesday, November 1, 2017

One Room Challenge Fall 2017 Week 5 Games Room

Week 5!  One more week to go.  Its all I can do to keep myself from showing you the whole room!  Things are really starting to come together.


How do you like my #shelfie?  I loooove a well styled shelf.  A few things here I may tweek in the next week.  But for the most part I am loving it.  Bowls for veggies and kale chips...or in my house; candy popcorn and potatoe chips.  Hot chocolate, and my new mugs from Costco!  And of course a selection of my year books!  My kids go to the school I went to, so its always fun to have a look through and see the teachers that are still there or people they know that went to my school, way back when!







Im decorating a basement, but one end of the basement gets lots of natural light.  Here's hoping I can keep these greens alive!

The goal is that we will be playing lots of games here.  So why not display some of the game pieces in fun ways!  Yahtzee anyone?




I gotta keep this jar full of ping pong balls.  I have no idea where they all go?  They are like socks that get lost in the dryer!



Dominoes anyone?


This is an easy DIY with some great and well priced fabric from Fabric.com upholstering the seat of my bar stools.   Dont be afraid to do a simple upholstery project.  Recovering a seat is a piece of cake.  You just need a good staple gun.  These bar stools have a whole new lease on life!


 OK people... I have arguably the best DIY to show you that I have ever done.  I don't do alot of DIY's so maybe that isn't something to brag about.  Anyway, Ive been lamenting over the high prices of rattan pendants.  I mean, come on!  Its sad to say, but a rattan shade would cost manufacturers pennies to have made overseas.  Yet the pendants can be quite costly.  And how many times can one use the SINNERLIG pendant from IKEA?  


Sooooo I made my own!  I, meaning with my husbands help!  I bought these great baskets off of Wayfair.  I saw Joanna Gaines use the same ones in one of her recent projects (I am sooo cool).  These baskets also seem very sturdy.







Design Lighting provided this simple pendant kit



And VOILA!  Isn't it great?  Its also hard to find a rattan pendant that doesn't hang down too low.  This just turned out perfect for what I needed!  Once you see it as part of the room you'll understand.





A last minute splurge was this Whirl Chair from Stylus.   I had it made in this almost black faux suede-ish leather.  I ordered one for a client recently.  When I sat in it, I fell in love!  It is the most comfortable chair ever!  Its like a chair & a half.  Definitely a snuggle chair.  Or a "do what teenagers do best" chair, like Eston is doing here.




Dont forget to check out all the other blogger's progress on their One Room Challenge here.  Next week is going to be so exciting!


Stay tuned.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a messege: