Wednesday, November 15, 2017

One Room Challenge Fall 2017 Final reveal Games Room

FINALLY... The One Room Challenge has come to a close.  Im excited to reveal the full basement games room.  The kids have been down here more and more as it was nearing completion.  Im excited to say that all the planning paid off.  It went from a long, narrow, plain and awkward space to a well laid out room that will get lots of use.

   

Here's a little reminder of what I had to work with:






In researching for this project I didn't find much inspiration for a "games room" or "rec room"... which in my case would be called "wreck room" or "rumpus room" which is probably the most accurate term for my boys in particular!







The room just works well.  This last weekend we kicked the kids upstairs and the adults hung out down there.  






Its important when designing a room to include things that are meaningful to you.  I think Ive done a good job of that here.  A few baskets that I picked up on our trip to Kibaale.  We adore the work that Kuwasha is doing in Uganda with the community centre.  You can read more about it here.



The chair was a tough decision.  I don't love the look of it.  But I just had to sit in it, and I was sold!










There are 2 TVs... a designers nightmare.  My husbands excuse was that when you are playing games you can see sports from every direction!  Priorities!


The ping pong table isn't a designers dream either, but many family and friend championships happen there!  We can move the ping pong table if we want to have a dance party.






I love the special things I included that I found at The Market at Wagner Hills Farm.  Like the blanket ladder, macrame and plant stand.  Its even more special that they are made by my friends who live at Wagner Hills.  Click HERE to read about The Market.





The mantle is my fav!  With the black hexagon tile.. ahhh... I love it!


Actually maybe the bard door is my fav!  Its perfection.




And this light!  I think Ive talked about it in 3 blog posts now.  It was a tough spot for a fixture.  It had to be semi flush and couldn't be breakable.  I really love how it turned out.
Ive been collecting cushions forever.  I love the mix I ended up with.  They really add to the tribal feeling of the room.


Well, this was my first One Room Challenge, and Id love to do it again!  Its not for the faint of heart, mind you.  I may need to take some time to enjoy this room with my family.  And save up for the next room.  I really appreciate you all stopping by and reading about my room transformation.  Design is my love.  Im learning to love blogging, but I have oh so much more to learn.    Please feel free to leave any questions or comments!  If you missed a week you can click on the following links:

WEEK 1   WEEK 2   WEEK 3   WEEK 4   WEEK 5   WEEK 6   

Don't forget to check out everyone else's finished rooms!  Oh my goodness, what a lot of talented people out there.  You can see the list of bloggers here:

Big thanks to Tracey Ayton who took most of the pictures.  What a gem!


Sources:  Contracting:  Fourt Construction Barn door & Mantle:  ADM Woodwerks.  Audio/Visual:  Sapphire Sound . Whirl Chair, Stylus Sofas.  Rattan Chairs, IKEA.  Sofa, VanGogh Designs.  Roman blinds fabric, Tonic Living.  Toss Cushions, Homesense, CB2Magnolia from Pier 1Tonic Living.  Dining Chairs: Structube.  Ping pong table: Costco

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a messege: